Mission / Goals
NE-CAT's mission is to construct and operate an x-ray crystallographic research facility designed to address the most demanding and complex diffraction problems in structural biology and organized to allow its operation to be driven by the requirements of its users.
The NE-CAT consortium plans the following educational features:
- On-site training for individual users.
- A web site with training information, procedures, troubleshooting advice, etc.
- Development of web-based tutorials for topics of interest to the users of the research resource.
- Annual workshops on topics relevant to the undulator research resource.
- The staff will attend scientific meetings and publish in scientific journals to disseminate information.
- The resource will provide a training ground for students and postdoctoral fellows, and will help produce the next generation of synchrotron radiation specialists.